Fancy building a parabolic solar cooker which can cook food and boil water in less than 30 minutes.
On special offer is a range of parabolic paper templates which have been designed and printed using specialist CAD software, accurate to 0.01mm and printed on high gloss 80gsm paper.
Key Benefits: –
- Parabolic templates make building a parabolic solar cooker as easy as building a box solar cooker. Simply use the paper template to mark out petals on any reflective material, and start building your very own fast, portable parabolic solar cooker.
- Achieve cooking temperatures over 350°F.
- Templates can be used over and over again to make dozens of parabolic solar cookers.
- FREE sheet of reflective vinyl included with every parabolic template.
- Sizes available 90cm, 120cm, and 150cm diameter.
Key Features: -
- Full building instructions are included with each parabolic solar cooker template.
- FREE worldwide shipping.
- Designed by professional CAD software and accurate to 0.01mm.
- Printed on high gloss 80gsm paper.
- Secure merchant paypal account, 100% safe & secure checkout.
Technical Specifications: -
90cm parabolic template
120cm parabolic template
150cm parabolic template
How parabolic solar cookers will look when completed.
Suggested reflective materials for solar cookers…
- Aluminium foil is a great reflective material for building cost effective solar cookers,
- Advantages – Cheap, easy to use.
- Disadvantages – Creases and tares easily.
- Reflective mirror vinyl is the perfect material for the home hobbyist solar cooker build.
- Advantages – Self adhesive backing and highly reflective makes mirror vinyl easy to use and apply to any material.
- Disadvantages – none.
- Anodized Aluminium.
- Advantages – Highly reflective.
- Disadvantages – Expensive and difficult to handle / cut.
NB – Please note that reflective materials require a backing material, such as cardboard. For parabolic solar cookers, a suitable backing material is plastic sheeting (ABS, polyprop, HIPS approx 2mm thick) – not included with parabolic solar cooker templates.
- 5 metres x 610mm reflective chrome mirror vinyl
Only $30USD (£20GBP) + $15USD postage to USA/Canada.
Samples of vinyl can be provided (23cm x 16cm) sized sheets, please email indicating how many sheets you would like. 70cents (USD) per sheet + postage.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to get in touch or leave a comment.
67 Responses to “Build a highly accurate parabolic solar cooker for just $8”
Share your thoughts