Is it a bird? Is it a plane?, no, it’s the new super compressed air charged mini-me car. Welcome to the MID AirPod; a 3-wheeled vehicle which runs on compressed air. This snazzy little hoover on wheels, promises to be the next generation in vehicular transport.
Benefits of the AirPod
- Produces zero emissions.
- Runs on compressed-air.
- Seats three, and does a whopping 28mph.
- Can travel 135 miles on one tank of compressed air.
- Perfect solution for an inner-city transportation system.
- Ready for production mid-2009.
The aptly named AirPod; well it does after all look like a pea-pod, and it does run on air, hence the name AirPod. Although it measures 6.7 feet long and weighs only 485 pounds, it hosts an impressive 175 litre compressed air tank, which only takes a couple of minutes to fill up.
The most exciting feature of this ‘pea mobile’ is the fact that it is estimated to cost only 6,000 Euros. Initial market entries include France and India.
However…, whether we will see this type of transportation hit the main-stream is highly unlikely. Instead, our governments would rather invest our money in unnecessary wars.
Did you know that the Iraq War costs over $340 million a DAY to fund! Hmm, just think what a tenth of that money could do if it were spent on the research and development of alternative energy technologies.
Downsides of the AirPod
- Don’t have a crash in it, whatever you do. Ouch. Mushy peas anyone.
- Compressing air is an inefficient process.
- We shan’t see a proliferation of devices such as the AirPod any time soon, for the simple fact that the infrastructure isn’t in place yet; namely air-compressor stations. The same problem exists with hydrogen-powered vehicles. Only a handful of hydrogen stations exist in the UK.
- No doubt the AirPod will follow the same slow death of the Tesla Car.
- Perhaps, once the oil oligarchs have had their fill of ‘black gold’ will we start to see such alternative technologies come to fruition, finally allowing mankind to blossom into a brighter and cleaner future!
What are your thoughts?
For more details, visit: -
9 Responses to “A Car which Runs on Compressed Air – The ‘AirPod’”
Share your thoughts